artShare is a Loudoun Arts Council Annual Grant Program for Loudoun County Non-Profit Arts Organizations
*The 2017-2018 application period for artShare grants is now CLOSED.*
The artShare grants program was created to assist organizations of artistic merit to the Loudoun County community by providing funds to help maintain their stability and encourage their development. This annual grant opportunity is available to all Loudoun County non-profit arts organizations.
These grants are awarded for demonstrated strength in management, important contributions to the community, and high artistic quality. Two outstanding Loudoun arts organizations received Loudoun Arts Council artShare grants in 2016-2017:
- Loudoun Lyric Opera’s artShare grant contributed to the success of four 2016 performances of A Coffee House Trilogy: An Evening of One-Act Operas by funding the addition of two violins, viola, cello and flute to accompany the pianist. LLO received many compliments on the creativity and artistic quality of this production, including one from a panelist with the Virginia Commission for the Arts.
- VSA of Loudoun County applied their artShare grant toward purchase of the rights to a production of Disney’s Tarzan. This full-length show gave VSA participants a confidence-boosting opportunity to learn more lines and work on their vocal and acting skills. The sold-out show generated interest from many new participants who have become part of the VSA family, and introduced VSA to a larger community audience.
Grant writing is an important activity for today's arts organizations, and artShare provides a realistic exercise for improving skills. Each year, the Loudoun Arts Council awards grants to local arts organizations that have demonstrated artistic excellence and effective management.
- The 2017-2018 application period ended Tuesday, October 31, 2017.
- Announcement of awards will be Friday, December 15, 2017.
- If you have any questions, please email email@example.com with "artShare Question" in the subject line.
ArtShare is available only to non-profit arts organizations in Loudoun County — you must have 501(c)(3) designation from the IRS. The arts council does not award grants to individuals, for-profit arts businesses, or government entities. Applicants must be current members in good standing of the Loudoun Arts Council.
Further information and application forms are available here: