Sunday, September 1, 2:00-4:00pm
Sunday Sketch with Barbara Sharp
Join us for a free sketching session in the Museum galleries led by artist Barbara Sharp! Artists of all ages are invited to sketch; all materials are provided. To register, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (540) 687-6542 x4.
- National Sporting Library & Museum, 102 The Plains Rd, Middleburg, VA 20118
- To register, please contact email@example.com or (540) 687-6542 x4.
Friday, September 6, 6pm to 9pm
The Fine Gallery's Second Anniversary Celebration!
We started this search over two years ago. After a set of unforeseen circumstances … we found a crooked gingerbread house on Royal St. in Leesburg. Come celebrate an interesting 2 years with us!
- 9 Royal St SW #2912, Leesburg, VA 20175
Friday, September 6, 6:00-9:00 PM
The Influencers: Color and Texture, An Exhibition of Paintings by Leanne Fink and Anne Stine
Art Sweet Art Gallery presents paintings by Leanne Fink and Anne Stine. Owners David and Susan Mercado welcome two well known Loudoun artists with an opening reception during Leesburg's First Friday activities. The artists will be on hand to engage enthusiasts and speak about their work. Music, wine tastings by October One Vineyard, and Neuhaus Belgian chocolate complete the celebration of art in downtown Leesburg's hottest gallery. While Fink paints in oils, and Stine works in encaustics and mixed media, both use vibrant color and textural elements to define their work. All paintings are for sale. The exhibition runs through October 20th. www.sweetartleesburg.com
- Art Sweet Art Gallery, 2 Loudoun St. SW in Historic Downtown Leesburg
- Contact Leanne Fink at firstname.lastname@example.org or Anne Stine at email@example.com
- Free and Open to the Public
Friday, September 6, 6 - 9pm
First Friday at Loudoun Street Studios
Please join our resident artists as we open our door to the public! Check out new artwork by Libby Stevens, Bethany Widom, Carol Buswell and learn about upcoming classes. Free event. Light refreshments. Kid Friendly.
- Loudoun Street Studios, 2A Loudoun St SW STE 217, Leesburg, VA 20175
- Visit www.facebook.com/LoudounStreetStudios for more details
Friday, September 13, 6pm - 8:30pm
Open Reception September Exhibitions at Touchstone Gallery
September 4 - 29, 2019 Opening Reception: Friday, September 13, 6 - 8:30pm Spanish Guitar by Tom Rohde Spotlight Art Series@Touchstone Guest Artist "Minimal Surfaces" by Davide Prete Davide's sculptures and prints explore the aesthetic qualities of minimal surfaces (surfaces that locally minimize their area) using a combination of traditional metalsmithing techniques and contemporary 3D modeling and 3D printing technologies. GALLERY A Touchstone Gallery Member Show GALLERY B “A World of Color, My Way” by Colleen Sabo Sabo's paintings offer the viewer an exciting new way to view color in every-day settings. GALLERY C “Luscious Landscapes” by Linda Bankerd A collection of abstract landscapes created during the last three years.
- Touchstone Gallery
Saturday, September 28, 10am - 5pm
Art at the Point Festival in Point of Rocks, MD
Now in its 10th year, the Art at the Point festival combines regional visual arts with local bluegrass & stringband music, childrens’ crafts, and food offerings in a family-friendly, one-day festival in historic Point of Rocks, Maryland. Art at the Point showcases a wide range of work including ceramic, jewelry, photography, painting, woodworking, and more. Featured bands include King Street Bluegrass and The Gravy Soppers. This year’s festival takes place in the newly completed Point of Rocks Community Commons Park, just north of the C&O Canal National Historical Park, which celebrates the rich heritage and natural beauty of the region.
- Point of Rocks Community Commons Park, just north of the C&O Canal National Historical Park
- For additional information, visit www.pointofrocks.org, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 301-728-1529
- Free admission and parking
Sunday, September 29, 10am - 5pm
NSLM Community Day
NSLM offers free admission the last Sunday of each month. Join us in August to see highlights from our permanent collection and temporary exhibitions! Exhibitions on view include: Canter & Crawl: The Glass Sculpture of Joan Danziger (on view May 17 - December 1).
- National Sporting Library & Musem, 102 The Plains Rd, Middbleburg, VA 20118
Saturday, October 12, 12:00 pm to 7 pm
Purcellville Gallery's Grand Opening
Join the artists of the new Purcellville Gallery in celebrating their Grand Opening. Artists' Market from 12:0pm to 7 pm, Artists' Reception from 6pm to 9pm, with the official ribbon-cutting at 6pm.
- Purcellville Gallery, 760 E Main St, Purcellville, VA 20132
Sunday, October 20, 1pm - 4pm
Purcellville's Green Expo — Hail to the Trail
Come to the Chapman DeMary Trail for a fun day to get outdoors and explore nature and learn about our environment. It is great for families, students, and scouts. This event is hosted by the Town of Purcellville's Tree and Environment Sustainability Committee.
- Chapman DeMary Trail, Purcellville, VA
- Learn more at www.PurcellvilleVA.gov or www.facebook.com/hailtothetrail — or email email@example.com
Saturday, December 14, 10am - 6pm
Christmas in Purcellville
Christmas in Purcellville festivities include a parade; activities, displays and a visit from Santa at both the historic Bush Tabernacle and the historic Train Station; and holiday lights tours.
- Historic Downtown Purcellville
- Learn more at www.purcellvilleva.gov/736/Holiday-Events-and-Activities