Loudoun Arts Council
Loudoun Arts Council Launches “artWorks” with Exhibit at OLD OX Brewery
The Loudoun Arts Council has partnered with Old Ox Brewery on the inaugural exhibit of the LAC’s new “artWorks” exhibit program. The Old Ox Tasting Room will feature the work of local artists on a rotating basis. The artwork will be on display for patrons to enjoy and is also available for purchase.
Chris Burns, president of Old Ox Brewery says the exhibit “...brings a new dimension to our tasting room and gives our customers a way to connect with each other as they experience the art. Supporting local artists is one way of giving back to the community which has been so supportive of our business.” Old Ox is a family-run brewery offering a variety of delicious drafts in several styles.
LAC President Jill Evans-Kavaldjian sees artWorks as an opportunity, especially for emerging artists. “This program is designed to get artists’ work out in the public eye. Every artWorks show is carefully curated to work with an individual venue, so I think the program is a win-win -- great for local artists and great for local businesses.” The program is open to current members of the Loudoun Arts Council. Artists submit samples of their work, which can then be matched with the needs of local exhibit spaces.
The works of four LAC artists are currently on display at the Brewery until March. An Artists’ Reception is scheduled for January 23 from 5 pm to 7 pm. Visitors can meet each of the exhibiting artists over a pint or two in the inviting new space.
- Eric Scott’s work (pictured above) centers on the structure of thought, memory, and experience. He is interested in the connections people have within themselves, with others, and with places.
- Karen Hutchison is an abstract artist who enjoys acrylic paints and the creativity it brings with the combinations of color.
- Karen Watson is a mixed media artist who uses use texture, pattern, and color to engage the viewer in hopes of creating a moment of recognition or joy.
- Jill Evans-Kavaldjian is a painter and printmaker who works in many media. Her work simplifies and reveals, conveying her belief that art is a problem-solving activity.
Old Ox Brewery is open on Thursday and Friday from 4:00 to 9:00 p.m.; Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.; and Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
The brewery is located at
44652 GUILFORD ROAD, UNIT 114,
ASHBURN, VA 20147
Holiday Mixer 3pm - 6pm Saturday 12/6 at Arts in the Village Gallery!
Artists and Arts Organizations -- come learn about all the NEW things the Loudoun Arts Council has in store!
Mix, mingle, and meet members of the LAC, enjoy some holiday cheer and learn about our exciting new programs. Special discounts for new members.
Did you know that the Loudoun Arts Council offers:
- Display system rentals to area artists?
- ArtWorks, a program for displaying artwork in local venues?
- A comprehensive online directory of local artists and arts groups?
- A program to help create neighborhood-specific art tours?
- Visiting Artists, connecting artists with Loudoun school kids?
- Professional development opportunities for Loudoun artists?
- ArtShare grants, providing funds to Loudoun arts organizations?
- Access to a free events calendar with thousands of local subscribers?
We invite you to come and learn more about the work we are doing to support the creation and experience of the arts for all area residents. And, there will be snacks!
Our Holiday Mixer will be held from 3 pm - 6 pm this year at Arts in the Village Gallery in the Village at Leesburg Shopping Center (near Wegman's and the Cobb Theaters). Join us!
List Your Arts Events on Happenings:
Have an arts-related event or class to share with the community? Enter it in our Events Calendar! Click on the link "Submit Events" and complete the forms by the 15th of each month to broadcast your event through our website and our next monthly newsletter. It's a fast and easy way to get the word out.
Membership & Sponsorship
The Loudoun Arts Council is for everyone who cares about our artistic and cultural community. Please join us in our mission to work toward an increasingly vibrant and vital arts scene in Loudoun County.