The Clay and Metal Loft — Leesburg
Bill van Gilder Demonstration Workshop Weekend
Join us in Leesburg, Virginia, for a two-and-a-half day weekend pottery workshop with internationally recognized potter and ceramic artist Bill van Gilder. Every potter has a list of WHAT they want to make. HOW to make it, is often the question. During this two and a half day information-loaded demo-workshop, some 50+ making techniques will be demonstrated in answer to these ‘how-to’ questions — techniques participants will want to use and adjust to fit their own future work. Short cuts, tips, and tool-use at the wheel will be shared through demo after demo. Hand-building functional forms will be the focus during part of the demonstrations as requested, defining projects and techniques for hand-builders. Slide show and wine & cheese reception Friday evening. Demonstrations Saturday and Sunday.
- Friday, April 26, 6 - 8pm — Saturday, April 27, 9:30am - 4pm — Sunday, April 28, 9:30am - 4pm
- Visit www.theclayandmetalloft.com/new-products/bill-van-gilder-2-day-demonstration-workshop to register
Libby Stevens Studio — Leesburg
This small class is designed for the beginner pastel painter or more advanced painter. I offer individual attention at the easel, exploring the versatile applications of pastel. Beginners will cover basic application, papers, and techniques painting from a studio still life. I mentor more advanced students if they want to use their own photos to paint from.
- Fridays, 10am - 12:30pm
- For more information and materials list email email@example.com
Round Hill Arts Center — Round Hill
Intro to Oils — Level 1
Have you always wanted to learn how to paint with oils, but weren’t sure where to start? This class is for those who are new to painting and uses atelier methods to build a solid foundation for progressing as a painter. Students are taught the wipe out method, a traditional means to create a beautiful value study or as an underpainting for complex works. This method allows students to master value and drawing without the complication of additional colors. Students will learn about warm/cool relations, drawing, proportion, and value.
- Wednesdays, 9 - 11am, January 16 - February 20
- Visit www.roundhillartscenter.org/art-classes-for-adults/intro-to-oils-level-1-wednesdays-900-1100-am-jan-9-feb-13-6-classes-200-ages-16-to-adult to register
StageCoach Theatre — Ashburn
After-School Theatre Classes
Brush up on your skills or add to your theatre repertoire by joining our after-school classes open to ages 10 - 19. One-hour lessons for the Fall will begin on September 10 and will run through the showcase on December 1. Choose from Stage Craft, Acting, Improv, Musical Theatre, and Stage Combat, amongst others. Additional one-on-one coaching is also available for audition preparation and vocal lessons.
- Monday - Thursday, 5 - 6pm and 6 - 7pm
- For more information, visit stagecoachtc.com/after-school-classes/ or call 571-477-9444
Unison Old Country Store — Unison
Open Studio with Model
A perfect opportunity to practice your skills in your choice of media with access to a model, nude and dressed. $100 for four classes.
- Mondays 12 - 4pm, and Wednesdays 6 - 9pm
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register