Looking for Drawing and Painting Instructors
The Greenhouse Studio at Oatlands is looking for local painting and drawing instructors looking to teach virtual and onsite classes at Oatlands. Instructors must have experience with MFA's a plus. Instructors must submit a bio and examples of work to Walt Bartman, Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is no deadline, instructors and classes can be added at anytime.
- Applications are now being accepted.
- The Greenhouse Studio at Oatlands 7215 Mountain Church Rd., Middletown, Maryland 21769. For information call 240-626-4981.
Gateway Gallery Call for Artist Membership Applications
Gateway Gallery artists’ cooperative welcomes membership applications from area artists in a variety of 2D and 3D media. Since opening in 2010, Gateway Gallery has become a destination venue for artists to show and sell their work to a large following of area residents and visitors to western Loudoun attractions. Only work by Gateway artist members is shown and sold in the gallery. Members manage all aspects of gallery operations, and staff the gallery by sitting at least two four-hour shifts each month. Members pay monthly dues of $45 and contribute 20% of their monthly gallery sales toward gallery expenses. We especially seek new members in media or styles distinctly different from work already represented in the gallery.
- Applications accepted until current vacancies are filled.
- Visit our website (www.thegatewaygallery.com) for more information about the gallery, membership, and how to apply. Questions can be emailed to email@example.com.
Call for Art - Hillsboro’s Banner Art Project, Art on the Pike
Description: We will be featuring winter-themed artwork on lamp post banners along Hillsboro’s Charles Town Pike (Rte. 9). Jan. 15 – Mar. 15, 2022. Selected artwork will be featured on 18w x 36h, vertically-oriented banners, so works with a 1:2 ratio work best. If cropping is necessary, it will be at the arts council’s discretion. Artists may submit up to three pieces. The original art selected through a jury process must be available for sale and 40% of the sale will go to the Hillsboro Preservation Foundation (a 501c3 non-profit organization) which supports local arts, community enrichment, education and history. Details of the sale method are TBD – online and/or in-person show or auction. The Old Stone School does not carry art insurance. Artists may self-insure their work.
- Image submission deadline: Dec. 1, 2021 Submission requirements: • Submit a high-quality image by email to firstname.lastname@example.org • 2D artwork, all mediums • No artwork should exceed 4ft x 5 ft. • Please include your name, phone number, email address, medium and dimensions of your work • No entry fee
- Submit entries to: Laney Oxman at email@example.com Artist notification: Dec. 8, 2021 Art drop-off: Dec. 12 – 13, 2021 • Instructions and requirements will be included with the artist notification Art show/sale: TBD, early March If you have any questions, please contact Laney Oxman at 703-509-6703 or Claudia Forbes at 703-244-1988