Call for Artists — Art at the Point Festival in Point of Rocks, MD
The Art at the Point festival committee invites visual artists to apply for exhibit space to show and sell their original work. Art at the Point showcases a wide range of work including ceramic, jewelry, photography, painting, woodworking, and more. In its 10th year, this unique festival combines regional visual arts with local bluegrass & stringband music, childrens’ crafts, and food offerings in a family-friendly, one-day festival in historic Point of Rocks, Maryland. This year’s festival takes place in the newly completed Point of Rocks Community Commons Park, just north of the C&O Canal National Historical Park.
- Applications are accepted through September, subject to space availability
- Event Date: Saturday, September 28, 2019 (10am - 5pm)
- For an application and additional information, please visit www.pointofrocks.org/art and click “Apply,” or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions? Contact Carolina Swyers, Event Chair, at 301-728-1529.
Looking for a painting assistant to join our crew for a wallpainting in Reston, VA. Great opportunity to work for an established artist, with an experienced crew for an exciting wallpainting that will be viewed by many. Artist must be precise, not afraid of heights, organized and attentive to details.
- September 23 - October 23, 2019
- Interested artists should send their application to email@example.com
Materials Hard + Soft
Materials: Hard + Soft International Contemporary Craft Competition and Exhibition is recognized as one of the premier craft exhibitions in the country. The exhibition shows the top national and international artists evolving the field of contemporary craft who push the boundaries of their chosen media. Works produced in any of the craft media: clay, fiber, glass, metal, paper, wood, or any combination of craft media, are acceptable. This exhibition is supported in part by an award from the National Endowment for the Arts. Materials will be on view February 7 - May 9, 2020 at the Patterson-Appleton Arts Center.
- Postmarked deadline September 29, 2019 — applicants and applicants notified in mid-November
- Exhibition runs February 7 - May 9, 2020 in Denton, Texas
- Find more information at dentonarts.com/mhscall