Looking for Drawing and Painting Instructors
The Greenhouse Studio at Oatlands is looking for local painting and drawing instructors looking to teach virtual and onsite classes at Oatlands. Instructors must have experience with MFA's a plus. Instructors must submit a bio and examples of work to Walt Bartman, Director, at email@example.com.
- There is no deadline, instructors and classes can be added at anytime.
- Applications are now being accepted.
- The Greenhouse Studio at Oatlands 7215 Mountain Church Rd., Middletown, Maryland 21769. For information call 240-626-4981.
Gateway Gallery Call for Artist Membership Applications
Gateway Gallery artists’ cooperative welcomes membership applications from area artists in a variety of 2D and 3D media. Since opening in 2010, Gateway Gallery has become a destination venue for artists to show and sell their work to a large following of area residents and visitors to western Loudoun attractions. Only work by Gateway artist members is shown and sold in the gallery. Members manage all aspects of gallery operations, and staff the gallery by sitting at least two four-hour shifts each month. Members pay monthly dues of $45 and contribute 20% of their monthly gallery sales toward gallery expenses. We especially seek new members in media or styles distinctly different from work already represented in the gallery.
- Applications accepted until current vacancies are filled.
- Visit our website (www.thegatewaygallery.com) for more information about the gallery, membership, and how to apply. Questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Juried Show Changing Perspectives at Gallery Underground
Artists are invited to submit works to Changing Perspectives in which they may interpret the theme in several ways: literal interpretations such as works representing unusual, off-kilter or innovative perspective as seen by the viewer; pieces in which artists change their own standard use of perspective in their work; or figurative interpretations where artists step out of their comfort zones and change the aesthetics of their typical artistic methods or subjects. Entrants will be asked to submit a paragraph indicating how their work fits the theme.
- January 3, 2022
- February 1-25, 2022
Auditions for "Death of a Time-Traveler" Murder Mystery by StageCoach Theatre
Auditions will be held at StageCoach Theatre in Ashburn. Cold readings will be done of scenes in the script, as well as improv games. Oh, and prepare to share your favorite joke. ** All those cast in the show must show proof of full COVID vaccination. More information about the show can be found on our website: https://stagecoachtc.com/death-of-a-time-traveler/ A stipend is paid per performance.
- Saturday, January 8 from 10:00am – 12:00 noon. Those auditioning should plan to stay the whole time.
- Performances will be held starting in March 2022, primarily at Oatlands in Leesburg.
- Please sign up for the audition (https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0d49adac2cabf94-auditions18) and submit your headshot & resume to email@example.com.
Call for Art & Craft for Materials Hard + Soft
The art call for Materials: Hard + Soft International Contemporary Craft Competition & Exhibition is open. The exhibition celebrates contemporary craft artists who push the boundaries of their media: clay, fiber, glass, metal, paper, wood, or combination of craft media. Juror is Tanya Aguiñiga, a Los Angeles based artist & founder of Art Made Between Opposite Sides. Selected art will be on display at an in-person exhibition, online, and a printed catalog in Summer 2022. Entry Fee: $35 non-member/$30 GDAC members. Juror’s awards up to $1,000. Deadline is February 13, 2022.
- Deadline is February 13, 2022 with applicants being notified in March 2022.
- Exhibition is will May 27-August 27, 2022 in Denton, Texas
- Artists can apply by visiting our call website https://dentonarts.com/mhscall