Call for Artists — Arts in the Village Gallery — Leesburg, Virginia
Loudoun Arts Council's co-op gallery (www.artsinthevillage.com) is actively seeking new artists! If you've been thinking about applying, now is the time. The gallery offers artist-friendly terms with very low sales commission rates.
- Openings in all mediums occur throughout the year. We are especially interested in emerging or established artists who work in either 2D or 3D mediums that are under-represented (for example: metal, wood) or not already represented in the gallery (for example: weaving, blown glass, pulled prints, leather, etc).
- New applications are reviewed monthly.
- Learn more and apply online at www.loudounarts.org/programs/gallery/visual-arts-application
Call for Art — Art at the Point Festival — Point of Rocks, Maryland
The Art at the Point festival committee invites visual artists to apply for exhibit space to show and sell their original work. Now in its 8th year, the event combines regional arts and crafts with local bluegrass and food in a family-friendly, park setting in historic Point of Rocks, Maryland.
- Applications will be accepted until space is full
- Event to be held Saturday, September 30, from 10am to 5pm
- For additional information and artist application, please visit www.pointofrocks.org/art and click “Apply” or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Call for Art — 30 Years of Vision: Celebrating the Arts in Loudoun County
Artists living and working Loudoun County are invited to submit artwork for the Loudoun Arts Council and Arts in the Village Gallery’s show "30 Years of Vision: Celebrating the Arts in Loudoun County" at the Arts in the Village Gallery. Cash awards will be given; 2-D and 3-D work will be accepted; artists can submit up to two entries. Apply today!
- Early-bird deadline: September 5, 11:59pm — $20 for LAC members, $25 for non-members. Final deadline: September 12, 11:59pm — $30 for LAC members, $35 for non-members.
- Exhibit October 1-31 at Arts in the Village Gallery. Reception with live music and refreshments 4:30 - 7pm, Saturday, October 14.
- Learn more and apply online at www.loudounarts.org/News/CallForArt30YearsofVision
Auditions for "Naughty or Nice Christmas Cabaret" by StageCoach Theatre Company
Looking for 3 women and 3 men for a Christmas Cabaret: Dreidels, Present Exchanges, or Nativity Scenes… How do you celebrate the holidays? A group of friends from different cultures talk about what Christmas time means to them. They are back from their busy lives to share favorite moments of the holidays from their past. Their habits, songs, and rituals will make you laugh, reminisce, and relate. Sing along with them and relive classics, newbies, and other holiday songs with a twist.
- Auditions will be held Saturday, August 19, noon - 2pm
- Auditions will be held at the StageCoach Theatre Company office at 44121 Harry Byrd Hwy, Suite 240, Ashburn, VA 20147. For the auditions, please prepare 16 bars of a comedic song (holiday or not), showcase any accents, and a comedic monologue (1 minute). Theatre resumes and headshots may be submitted in advance of the auditions. No appointment necessary. Actors will be seen in the order of arrival. Performances will be in October and November 2017.
Call for Artists — Brambleton Fall Fest
Looking for artists/crafters to sell their items at our Fall Festival! The festival will feature an artist marketplace that we would love to fill with the local talent... just in time for the holidays! You will be located outside and on the pavement.
- Deadline for submission is September 22. You will be notified if we are able to fit you in. Space is limited.
- Festival date: October 7 (Rain date October 8).
- Please visit brambletonhoa.com/338/Fall-Fest and click on the CALL FOR ARTIST link.
Call for Artists — Waterford Fair Fine Art Exhibit & Art Mart
The Waterford Fair invites you to participate in the 2017 Fine Art Exhibit and Sale, a Waterford and Loudoun County tradition! Artists are limited to two fine art entries in the juried Fine Art Exhibit. This year our Judge will be Glen Kessler, founder and director of The Compass Atelier. Prizes will be awarded. Artists of all skill levels are invited to enter. Unjuried items for sale only may be submitted for the Art Mart (with a maximum sales price of $450 per piece).
- Enter online by 5pm on September 27
- Exhibit and Sale will be held October 6-8, with Varnishing Night party October 5, at the historic Schooley Mill Barn in the National Landmark of Waterford, Virginia
- Apply online at waterfordfairva.org/participate/fine-art/
Call for Art — "This is America" Juried Show
Gallery Underground in Crystal City, Arlington, Virginia, invites artists working in all media to submit to “This Is America,” a national juried exhibition. What is America to you? A beautiful, colorful landscape? A sweeping vista? Small town life? Or perhaps an artistic statement on the political or cultural landscape? Submit works depicting what you love — or don’t love — about America today. Works should be a reflection upon or expression about some aspect of America and how you see it. $35 for up to two pieces.
- Midnight, October 20, 2017
- November 27 - December 29
- Apply online at our website: http://www.galleryunderground.org
Call for Art — Public Art Planned for King Street Bridge
The Leesburg Commission on Public Art (COPA) is seeking submissions from artists for two historically-themed murals. The murals will be painted on each side of the King Street Bridge spanning the Town Branch and adjacent to the W&OD Hike & Bike Trail. The Mural Contest is open to all artists in the DC Metro area regardless of past experience with public art projects. Teams or groups are encouraged to apply. Trompe l’oeil design is suggested, but not required.
- Submission deadline: Friday, October 6, at noon. Winners will be notified November 17. Murals to be completed in 2018.
- For more information, including a detailed call to artists, submission instructions, and historic background of the area, visit www.leesburgva.gov/publicartnews
Call for Art — 10th Annual Claude Moore Park Photo Expo
Call for Entries! The Friends of Claude Moore Park (FCMP) invite you to participate in the 10th Annual FCMP Photography Expo “Natural Spaces and Old Places” to be held on September 23. Photographers of all levels and ages are encouraged to enter their favorite photos into the juried competition in SIX categories: Roots and Buds, Wild Creatures, A Bug's Life (NEW), Winged Wonders, Natural Landscapes, and History and Heritage. The Paul Glascock Memorial People’s Choice Award ($100 prize) will be voted by the Photo Expo visitors. Ribbons and cash awards (another $100 for Best in Show!) will be presented to winners in the various categories.
- Entries due by 5pm on Friday, September 15
- Artists' Awards Tea will be held Friday, September 22, and the Public Show is September 23
- For 2017 rules and entry form visit www.loudoun.gov/claudemoorepark (go to “Quick Links” for Quick Guide, Rules, and the Application form)
Open Call 2017 — Residency and Retreat in Italy
La Macina di San Cresci. Find inspiration in the timeless Tuscan countryside! Apply now! Please visit our website www.chianticom.com and don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com with any questions you may have.
- Applications are accepted any time
- Download the application form at www.chianticom.com/index.php/en/worshop
Call for Art — 31st Annual Materials: Hard + Soft National Contemporary Craft Competition and Exhibition — Denton, Texas
The Greater Denton Arts Council presents the 31st Annual Materials: Hard + Soft National Contemporary Craft Competition and Exhibition. The exhibition celebrates the evolving field of contemporary craft and the remarkable creativity and innovation of artists who push the boundaries of their chosen media. Entries may be submitted online. A downloadable 2018 Prospectus is also available for entries submitted via physical mail or in person to the Patterson-Appleton Arts Center. Details at dentonarts.com/materials-hard-soft-call-page on our website.
- Application deadline: September 29, 2017 at 11:59pm
- February 2, 2018 | Opening Reception 6-8pm. Award Ceremony 7pm. — February 3 - May 5, 2018 | Exhibition on view at the Patterson-Appleton Arts Center
- Apply online at form.jotform.us/GDAC/MHS2018application
Call for Art — National Juried Show at Larkin Arts — Harrisonburg, Virginia
Offering $2000 in cash and prizes. Artists working in any 2-D media excluding film are invited to apply. Entries must be submitted via CaFE (Call for Entries). Inclusions will be juried from digital media, so quality is essential. Artists may submit up to two (2) works for the non-refundable fee of $35. All works entered must have been created within the last three (3) years.
- Deadline for entries: August 14. Jury dates: August 15-28. Notification of acceptance via e-mail: September 1.
- Exhibition dates: October 6-28.
- Visit www.larkinarts.com/2017-national-juried-art-exhibition/ for details on how to apply.
Virginia Museum of Fine Arts Fellowship Program
VMFA's 2018-2019 fellowship program offers $8,000 awards to professional artists, $6,000 awards to graduate students, and $4,000 awards to undergraduate students. Applicants may apply in the disciplines of Crafts, Drawing, Film/Video, Mixed Media, New/Emerging Media, Painting, Photography, Printmaking, Sculpture, and Art History (graduate students only).
- Application deadline: November 3 at 5pm
- Learn more and apply at vmfa.museum/programs/college/visual-arts-fellowships/