Theatre Teachers Wanted!
StageCoach Theatre is looking for teachers for our after-school program beginning in September. One-hour classes will be offered from 5 to 7pm Monday through Thursday for ages 10+. We are looking for instructors for acting, stagecraft, improv, and musical theatre. Instructors can also teach private lessons according to their availability — usually in voice and acting.
- Application Deadline: August 31, 2019
- Classes beginning in September — 5 - 7pm, Monday - Thursday
- Please send your resume to Jerri Wiseman at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in applying for a position
Call for Art — Town of Lovettsville LOVEworks Sculpture
The Town of Lovettsville invites you to submit a proposal for the design and fabrication of a LOVEwork to be constructed in the town square. The LOVEworks program is an extension of the nearly 50-year-old “Virginia is for Lovers” brand, designed to promote travel and tourism throughout Virginia. Design proposals should promote Lovettsville’s unique town character, including their annual Oktoberfest, local agriculture, area history, etc. Visit www.virginia.org/love to see examples of other LOVEworks around Virginia.
- Deadline for submissions is July 15, 2019
- The winning design will be announced in August 2019
- Submit proposals and questions to email@example.com
Call for Artists — Art at the Point Festival in Point of Rocks, MD
The Art at the Point festival committee invites visual artists to apply for exhibit space to show and sell their original work. Art at the Point showcases a wide range of work including ceramic, jewelry, photography, painting, woodworking, and more. In its 10th year, this unique festival combines regional visual arts with local bluegrass & stringband music, childrens’ crafts, and food offerings in a family-friendly, one-day festival in historic Point of Rocks, Maryland. This year’s festival takes place in the newly completed Point of Rocks Community Commons Park, just north of the C&O Canal National Historical Park.
- Applications are accepted through September, subject to space availability
- Event Date: Saturday, September 28, 2019 (10am - 5pm)
- For an application and additional information, please visit www.pointofrocks.org/art and click “Apply,” or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions? Contact Carolina Swyers, Event Chair, at 301-728-1529
Call for Art — Purcellville Art Gallery
Call for Art! The new Purcellville Art Gallery will be opening its initial art exhibit on July 31, 2019. The Call is open to artists living in western Loudoun County working in 2D and 3D artwork. Go to the gallery website for a complete listing of key dates, terms of eligibility and what entries should include.
- Application Deadline: Friday, July 12, 2019
- Exhibition Dates: July 31 - September 27, 2019
- Apply online at purcellvilleartgallery.com/call-for-art
Call for Art — The First Loudoun Artisans Showcase
Potters, sculptors, jewelers, and artisans of all kinds are encouraged to participate in a rare exhibit for three-dimensional work. The Loudoun Arts Council and Thomas Balch Library invites all artisans working or living in Loudoun County to apply for the first Loudoun Artisans' Showcase, a curated exhibit held in the central Mercer Room at the historic Thomas Balch Library from September 3rd through September 30, 2019. Space is a limiting factor; the interiors of the two display cases measure approximately 27” wide x 78” long x 10” high. Choose your best work that will fit within these measurements. You may enter up to three items for the $10 application fee.
- The deadline to apply is midnight, Friday August 9th, 2019
- Artists will be informed of inclusion status on August 16th
- Exhibition Dates: September 3 - 30, 2019
- Apply online at www.loudounarts.org