Arts in the Village Gallery, Leesburg is looking for more artists
Loudoun Arts Council's Co-op Gallery is actively seeking new artists! If you've been thinking about applying, now is the time. The Gallery offers artist-friendly terms with very low sales commission rates. Arts in the Village Gallery 1601 Village Market Blvd, Suite 116 Leesburg, VA 20175 www.ArtsInTheVillage.com
- Openings in all mediums occur throughout the year. We are especially interested in emerging or established artists who work in either 2D or 3D mediums that are under-represented (for example: metal, wood) or not already represented in the gallery (for example: weaving, blown glass, pulled prints, leather, etc.).
- New applications are reviewed the second Tuesday of each month.
- For more information and to apply online visit http://www.loudounarts.org/programs/gallery/visual-arts-application
Loudoun Arts Council now offers art display panels for rent!
Loudoun Arts Council now offers art display panels for rent! We have sufficient panels for a 10x10 ft U-shaped display. The wire frame panels by Graphic Display Systems come in roughly 3ft x 3ft sections, for easy transport. When assembled a panel is approximately 6 ft tall. Included in the booth kit are drapery hooks for hanging framed and wired artwork. The panels can be rented with or without a set of flame resistant charcoal grey panel covers in crepe fabric. The complete 10x10 booth kit rents for $50 per day for Loudoun Arts Council Members or $65 per day for non-members. The set of 9 panel covers can be rented for an additional $20 per day for Loudoun Arts Council Members or $25 per day for non-members. An additional security deposit is required. Please inquire about our special weekly and monthly rental discounts.
- Please call (571) 577-9367 or email info@LoudounArts.org for more information or to reserve the panels for your next show or exhibit.
Waterford Fair Craft Consignments at the Old Mill
Applications are now being accepted for fine craft artisans to consign goods at The Old Mill Shop during the Waterford Fair. The Mill shop is set up and staffed by volunteers who interact with customers and handle sales at a central location; consignors do not need to be present during the Fair unless they volunteer to help. Consignors receive 75% of the selling price of each item. Products eagerly sought by shoppers in the Mill include basketry, woodcraft, jewelry & fashion accessories, textiles & home goods, pottery, home decor, seasonal & holiday items, toys, candles, etc.
- Applications and the $30 nonrefundable application fee must be postmarked by May 31. Applicants are notified of Jury review results by mid-July.
- The 2017 Waterford Fair will be held October 6, 7 & 8, 10:00 to 5:00 all three days.
- Application forms and information about Old Mill Shop craft consignments are available online at www.waterfordfoundation.org. Questions or requests for mailed application information - Contact Tracy Kirkman, Fair Director, at 540-882-2018 ext. 4 Tuesdays through Fridays.
High School Musical Auditions
Auditions for Loudoun Centre Theatre’s production of Disney’s High School Musical, will be held on Wednesday, May 3rd 2017 from 6:30– 8:30pm, and Saturday, May 6th 2017 from 2:30-4:30pm. The auditions will be held at the Rust Library, 380 Old Waterford Rd NW, Leesburg, VA 20176. Performance dates will be August 18th, 19th, 25th and 26th.
- Visit http://www.thelct.org/audition to find our more information
Call to Artists
Friends of Leesburg Public Arts (FOLPA) is looking for artists to participate in an upcoming outdoor event in Raflo Park on Harrison Street in Leesburg. Mark your calendar for Saturday, May 20th, 2017, 10am-4pm. (Rain date Sunday, May 21st.) The arts in the park event is designed to heighten public awareness for the sculpture garden in Raflo Park. It will take place in conjunction with the dedication of the LOVE sign at the bike trail that morning. There is no application fee. FOLPA asks for a 20% donation of event sales to their organization to help them continue their mission of promoting the arts in Leesburg.
- Saturday, May 20th
- Please contact Donna Torraca, Director of FOLPA, to let her know you are interested in participating at email@example.com. Tent arrangements may be available through FOLPA.
Open call 2017 Residency and retreat in Italy
La Macina di San Cresci Find inspiration in the timeless Tuscan countryside! Apply now! Please visit our website www.chianticom.com and don't hesitate to contact us with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications are accepted any time
- Download the application form from the website at: http://www.chianticom.com/index.php/en/worshop
Potters Wanted - Studio Opening Soon
Cloud Terre Studio, a division of Fortessa Tableware Solutions is opening a new production studio in Winchester, VA. Creative Director Amber Kendrick, well-known in the ceramics industry has been creating visually stunning tableware since 2009. This is your chance to join her amazingly talented team. Flexible hours, starting part-time, $15/hour. Responsible for throwing, forming, using jigger/jolly, glaze mixing, loading and unloading kilns. Must have an expanded knowledge of the craft arts and ceramics.
- For more information or to apply, please go to www.integrus.com/#careers