Call for Art — The Appalachian Trail: Art of the Adventure
The Round Hill Appalachian Trail Committee and the Round Hill Arts Center invite artists to participate in a new art show entitled “The Appalachian Trail: Art of the Adventure." The purpose of the show is to broaden public awareness and appreciation of the Appalachian Trail. Artists are welcome to submit their choice of artistic expression, including paintings, drawing, photography, fiber arts, stained glass, and sculpture. There is a separate category that welcomes submissions from young artists in grades K-12.
- Register by January 9, 2018, and deliver work to Round Hill Arts Center on Tuesday, January 23, 2018
- The show opens February 1, 2018, and runs daily through March 1, 2018, with an Artists' Reception held on Sunday, February 11th, 1-4pm
- Interested artists should register and pay the $5 registration fee (fee waived for K-12 students) by visiting the Round Hill Arts Center's website at www.roundhillartscenter.org/content.php?article_id=4112
Call for Artists — WLAST 2018
Visual artists who create their work or teach fine art in Loudoun County are invited to apply for the 2018 Western Loudoun Artists Studio Tour. WLAST is Loudoun's premier annual art event, drawing more than a thousand visitors to more than 30 studios and two arts centers the first weekend in June each year. Professional and emerging visual artists whose studios in western Loudoun County meet specified criteria may apply as Studio Artists. Loudoun artists who do not have a western Loudoun studio suitable for visitors may apply as Guest Artists. Two- and three-dimensional work will be considered, including but not limited to painting, drawing, fiber art, wood, ceramics, photography, sculpture, and jewelry.
- Event Weekend: June 2 & 3, 2018
- Application Deadline: Thursday, February 1, 2018
- Visit www.wlast.org/artists/call-for-entries.htm for complete details and a link to the online application form
Call for Art — Leesburg ArtsPARKs 2018-2020
Selected sculpture on loan will be displayed from 2018 through 2020 at the ArtsPARKs exhibit along Raflo Park in Leesburg.
- Submission Deadline: February 1
- Interested artists can download the call to artists at http://www.leesburgva.gov/government/boards-commissions/public-art-commission/copa-events-and-projects
Call for Art — Leesburg Town Exhibit Hall
Show your 2-dimensional art from December 1, 2018, through February 28, 2019, at the Leesburg Town Exhibit Hall. Photography and fiber arts are not being considered for this exhibition period.
- Submission Deadline: February 23
- Submit PDF samples of your artwork to the Commission on Public Art c/o Anne Geiger, Staff Liaison, at AGeiger@LeesburgVA.gov. The Commission will vote on the artwork at its March 2018 meeting.
Leading Ladies' Auditions!
Seeking two female leads for our March romantic comedy, "Arms and the Highlander." Auditions will be held at Carver Center Theatre in Purcellville.
- Slots available until Tuesday, January 9, or when all slots are filled.
- Ten-minute auditions will be held 7 - 10pm, Wednesday, January 10, at Carver Center Theatre, 200 Willie Palmer Way, Purcellville, VA.
- Interested actors should email RRRtheatre@gmail.com or call (571) 510-0037 to secure a slot, then find audition requirements at http://www.rrrtheatre.org/auditions.html — forms are sent to actors by email.