Call for Artists — Art at the Point Festival
The Art at the Point festival committee invites visual artists to apply for exhibit space to show and sell their original work. The festival showcases a wide range of work including ceramics, jewelry, photography, painting, woodworking, and more. In its 9th year, this unique festival combines regional visual arts with local bluegrass & stringband music and locally-prepared foods in a family-friendly, one-day celebration of the arts in historic Point of Rocks, Maryland. This year’s event will include a special demonstration and display of area paintings by plein air artists, as well as historic regional photo images.
- Applications will be accepted until vendor space is filled
- Event to be held Saturday, September 29, in Point of Rocks, Maryland
- For additional information and artist application, please visit www.pointofrocks.org/art and click “Apply” or email email@example.com
Loudoun County Public Library Invites Artists to Exhibit
Loudoun County Public Library invites artists to apply to exhibit. We will consider all media including painting, drawing, photography, printmaking, crafts, textiles, collage, sculpture, conceptual art, collectibles, and art science.
- Art will be considered until all spots are filled
- Exhibition period September 2018 - December 2019
- Please send 3-5 JPG images of your art and any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Call for Art — Art from the Heart Fundraiser
Dandelion Meadow (a group supporting women who have suffered abuse, addiction, and human trafficking issues) will hold a fundraiser called Art from the Heart at the Historic Stony Point Farm in Purcellville. The event will include a Silent Auction and and Art Show. Artists are asked to donate to the silent auction, or to attend and display their art in the art show with a small commission to Dandelion Meadow for all sales.
- Event date September 16
- Please visit www.dandelionmeadow.org or contact Andrew Kozak at 240-457-3323 or AndrewKozak1@gmail.com for more details
Call for Art Vendors and Performers — Arts in the Alley
Downtown Leesburg art festival with 60 booth spaces available. This is a juried festival for original artwork only.
- Application deadline is Wednesday, September 5
- Event date Saturday, September 22, 10am - 6pm
- Visit www.folpa.org for more details and the application form
Call for Sculpture — Eric Brown Skate Plaza in Catoctin Park, Leesburg, Virginia
Seeking design submissions for a skating-themed sculpture to be placed at the entrance to Catoctin Park (141 Catoctin Circle SE, Leesburg, VA). The call is open to all artists and artist teams in the Mid-Atlantic region. Emerging artists and artist teams are encouraged to apply. No requirement for previous public art experience. The selected artist or artist team will be responsible for design, production, and complete installation of the artwork, with a total budget not to exceed $10,000.
- Application deadline is Noon, Friday, October 12
- Submission guidelines and details are available on the Town website at www.leesburgva.gov/publicartnews
Public Art Advisory Panel Members Sought in Leesburg
As part of the installation process for public art projects, the Leesburg Commission on Public Art (COPA) created an art advisory panel comprised of local architects, engineers, artists, and art enthusiasts. Panel members review submissions from calls to artists for public art projects, providing structural, logistic, and aesthetic advice to COPA. The time commitment for serving on the art advisory panel is approximately three to four hours for each project review. Panel members do not have to be residents of Leesburg, but should be familiar with the town and its public art programs
- Application deadline is Sunday, September 30
- If interested in serving on the art advisory panel, please send your resume to Anne Geiger, COPA Staff Liaison, at email@example.com
Call for Art — 2018 Claude Moore Park Photo Expo
The Friends of Claude Moore Park (FCMP) invite you to participate in the 11th Annual FCMP Photography Expo “Natural Spaces and Old Places” to be held on September 22nd. Photographers of all levels and ages are encouraged to enter their favorite photos into the juried competition in SEVEN categories: Roots and Buds, Wild Creatures, A Bug's Life, Winged Wonders, Natural Landscapes, History and Heritage, and (NEW!) Farm Life. The Paul Glascock Memorial People’s Choice Award ($100 prize) will be voted by the Photo Expo visitors. Ribbons and cash awards (another $100 for Best in Show!) will be presented to winners in the various categories. We have also added another special ribbon for Friends' Choice award. This winner is the featured photo on the next year's postcard!
- Entries are due no later than 5pm, Friday, September 14
- Entry fee is $10 per photograph for adults, and $5 per photograph for youths
- Visit friendsofclaudemoorepark.org/11th-annual-claude-moore-park-photography-expo/ for complete details
Art Workshops and Classes
Killarney, Ireland with Lynn Hosegood, September 22 - October 6. Fourteen days of painting, touring, feasting and fun! — Trish McKinney, Party On Your Paper, October 22 - 26, Fredericksburg, Virginia.
- Please email TwoRiversArtWorkshops@gmail.com for more details
Materials Hard + Soft International Contemporary Craft Competition and Exhibition
Greater Denton Arts Council presents the 32nd annual Materials Hard + Soft International Contemporary Craft Competition and Exhibition. The call is open to craft artists who have created works in the past 2 years (2016-2018) in the following media: clay, fiber, glass, metal, paper, wood, or any combination of craft media. All work must be ready for installation and are restricted to a weight limit of no more than 75 pounds. Artists are responsible for shipping costs. This year’s juror is Janet McCall of Contemporary Craft in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She will select about 70 pieces for the exhibition. Juror awards will be given out in the following amounts: $1,000, $750, $500, and $250. The fee is $40, and covers up to three (3) entries.
- Application deadline is 11:59pm on Sunday, September 30; Notices sent on November 16
- Exhibition runs February 1 - May 4, 2019 at the Patterson-Appleton Arts Center in Denton Texas
- Interested artists should apply either online through the entry form at dentonarts.com/mhscall or by mail using the 2019 Prospectus also found on the call website
Studio Space Available in Great Falls
Artist studio space available for rent immediately in Great Falls, Virginia. Part of a large room with other artists, this space is about 135 square feet and rents for $206 per month, including utilities. Studio has good light. It is next to shared utility sink, making it convenient for water media artists. This is strictly a working space with no obligation to gallery sit or to be open to the public. Enjoy 24/7 access to the space and the opportunity to join the Great Falls Studios artist group and participate in the very popular Great Falls Studio Tour!
- Available now, no deadline
- This is a rental space. Rental agreement lasts through April 2019.
- Contact Mary Ellen at MyArtandSoul@gmail.com
Call for Entries — "Signs of the Times" — National Juried Show
Arlington Artists Alliance's Gallery Clarendon in Arlington, VA seeks entries for a national juried art exhibition. $500 in cash prizes awarded. For this exhibition artists working in all media are called to submit works that interpret and express signs of the times — real or imagined, literal or figurative, positive or negative; art that addresses, questions, protests, or celebrates our changing world. Submissions can range from traditional to conceptual, both 2D and 3D work. Juried by Beverly Ryan.
- Entry deadline: 12pm, Wednesday, November 28
- Exhibition dates: January 5 - 31, 2019
- Visit signsofthetimes.artcall.org to apply