Loudoun County Public Library Invites Artists to Exhibit
Loudoun County Public Library invites artists to apply to exhibit. We will consider all media including painting, drawing, photography, printmaking, crafts, textiles, collage, sculpture, conceptual art, collectibles, and art science.
- Art will be considered until all spots are filled
- Exhibition period September 2018 - December 2019
- Please send 3-5 JPG images of your art and any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Call for Art — Gardens in the Gap "Spring" Exhibit
We invite you to submit artwork with the theme "Spring" to our community art fair at the Old Stone School in Hillsboro. The show will be on view during the "Gardens in the Gap" festivities on April 26th and 27th. Limited to the first 50 artists who respond to this call to artists and respond with an email expressing intent to participate. No entry fee. Cash prizes. Two pieces of art per artist. No work exceeding 4ft x 5ft. Artwork must be for sale and 40% of sale price will go to Old Stone School Preservation Trust (a 501c3 non-profit organization). The Hillsboro Art and Culture Advisory Group will be responsible for the hanging of the art. Old Stone School does not carry art insurance. Artists may self-insure their work.
- Artwork must be dropped off Sunday, April 21st, noon - 5pm, and unsold work must be picked up Sunday, April 28th, noon - 5pm
- Event Dates: April 26th, noon - 9pm, and April 27th, 10am - 5pm
- To enter, please print and complete the form at bit.ly/2COKhx0 and mail it to email@example.com
CALL FOR ART: Submit Designs for “We ❤️ Art” — A Coloring Book by Loudoun Artists
The Loudoun Arts Council invites artists to submit designs for inclusion in “We ❤️ Art” — a coloring book about the arts. This LAC publication will debut at the new Book and Arts Festival in Brambleton on June 8th, 2019. Each coloring page will also include information about the artist. The pages can be about art of any kind: visual, performing, literary, etc. Artists may submit more than one design, but LAC reserves the right to limit submissions so as many artists as possible can be included in the book.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY: Any artist working or living in Loudoun County.
SELECTION: Images should be camera-ready, measure 8.5” x 11” and rendered in black and white (Please note: Photos of pencil drawings do not reproduce well and will not be considered.) HINT: We encourage your creativity regarding subject matter and depiction, but to optimize your chances of being selected, we recommend your design keeps to a simple outline style, for easy filling-in by any age colorer. If you have questions about submissions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE the 4/15 deadline date and we will gladly assist you.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit your 8.5” x 11” design directly by e-mail to email@example.com. Include your image, a short description,and your name. Submissions must be received by midnight, April 15th.
NOTIFICATION: LAC will make the final selections and notify artists by May 1st. Each artist will receive copy of the finished publication, which will be available for sale at the Brambleton Library Arts Event on June 8. We look forward to seeing your submissions!
- Designs must be submitted before midnight, April 15th
- “We 🖤 Art” will be released at the Book and Arts Festival in Brambleton on June 8th
- Submit your high-resolution 8.5” x 11” design directly by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your image, a short description, and your name.
Call for Proposals: A LOVE Installation for Lovettsville!
The Town of Lovettsville invites you to submit a proposal for the design and fabrication of a LOVEwork to be constructed in the town square. The LOVEworks program is an extension of the nearly 50-year-old “Virginia is for Lovers” brand, designed to promote travel and tourism throughout Virginia. Lovettsville’s LOVE sign will be added to a collection of more than 100 large-scale LOVEworks that are installed in towns and cities across the Commonwealth. These LOVEworks spark community pride, attract tourists, and spread the message that “Virginia is for Lovers.” Your design should aim to promote Lovettsville’s unique town character that may include things such as Oktoberfest, agriculture, etc. Your proposal should include an image of the design, a list of proposed materials and the estimated costs of the project.
Need ideas? Refer to the town website www.lovettsvilleva.gov.
Visit https://www.virginia.org/love to see examples of LOVEworks around Virginia.
- Submit proposals to email@example.com by midnight, April 15th
- The winning proposal will be announced in May
- Proposals should include: an image of the design, a list of proposed materials, and estimated costs of the project
Call for Artists 2019 — Spartanburg Art Museum
Spartanburg Art Museum is seeking proposals for solo and group exhibitions for 2019-2020. We're interested in all types of work that address contemporary issues and concerns, use traditional materials in unusual ways, and elevate our visitors' experiences to new levels of participation and engagement.
- Deadline March 7th
- Digital submission instructions can be found on our website at https://www.spartanburtartmuseum.org/callforart