The Loudoun Arts Council and the PHILLIPS Programs for Children and Families will present photography, paintings, and a selection of fine craft in a special fundraising exhibit to be hosted at Salamander Resort in Middleburg, Virginia, from October 15th through November 19th, the date of PHILLIPS’ second annual Wine Country Harvest Ball & Art Sale.
PHILLIPS Programs for Children and Families
PHILLIPS is a private non-profit organization serving the complex needs of children and youth living with cognitive and emotional challenges in the greater Washington DC area. The organization provides specialized education and community programs for these at-risk children. The Loudoun Arts Council has supported Loudoun’s visual, literary, and performing artists since 1986 with the goal of elevating the lives of all community members. The council is a volunteer-run organization offering a wide range of programs for artists, businesses, and art enthusiasts.
Wine Country Harvest Ball & Art Sale
The Wine Country Harvest Ball & Art Sale has been organized to bring together individuals and community partners to raise funds for and awareness of two PHILLIPS programs: Building Futures ~ Loudoun and Family Partners. It is a night not to be missed. Wear your finest frocks to this fabulous black tie optional ball which includes dancing to the music of the HRH orchestra band, a gourmet four course dinner, open bar, and spectacular Art Sale featuring the work of artists and authors from Loudoun and Fauquier Counties. PHILLIPS will be inviting their extensive network of supporters throughout DC and Virginia to attend, and will be promoting the event to the public through advertisements in the local media.
The Loudoun Arts Council is coordinating the call for 2-D art for Loudoun and Fauquier artists. PHILLIPS will retain 30% of the proceeds of all art sales, and artists will receive 70% of the sales price as part of the fundraising effort.
How to Apply
Complete the online application form, submitting images representing no more than three works to be considered by the jury
Pay the applicable entry fee via PayPal (no PayPal account needed)
LAC Members $20
New Basic Members $35 + $20
New Premier Members $100 + $20
If joining the LAC as a new member, complete the online membership form
Selected work will be on display for sale in the public areas of the Salamander Resort from October 15th through November 19th, and will then join the complete display at the Salamander Ballroom for the evening of the Ball. All work will be featured in an online show catalog on the LAC website for sale prior to the Ball, and participating artists must therefore be prepared to accomodate early sales.
Artists must apply for the exhibit by October 1st and will be notified of jury decisions by October 10th. The application fee is $20 for Loudoun Arts Council members and $25 for non-members. Artists may submit up to three works to be juried.
Exhibit Details and Instructions
1. Any 2-D artist living, teaching fine art, or producing their artwork in Loudoun or Fauquier may apply.
2. Artists must apply and pay the entry fee ($20 for LAC members or $25 for non-members) by October 1st, 2016.
3. Each artist may submit very-high-quality high-resolution images of no more than three works to be considered by the jury. (These images will also be used to create the online show catalog.) Works will be selected for their aesthetic excellence. Maximum dimensions 32" x 32" (framed) and no more than 20 pounds. Artists will be notified of jury decisions via email by October 10th.
4. Accepted artists must have all works ready to hang with screw eyes and wire upon delivery. Work without wires will not be accepted in the exhibit — no exceptions. Please label the back of each piece with your name, and the title, medium, and price of the piece.
5. All selected artwork will be listed for sale in an online show catalog on the LAC website from October 15th through November 19th, so these works must remain available for sale during this period.
6. Artwork selected by the jury for the pre-Ball show must be delivered to the Salamander Resort (500 North Pendleton Street, Middleburg, VA 20117) between 12:00pm and 2:00pm on Saturday, October 15th.
7. All other artwork selected by the jury must be delivered to the resort between 12:00pm and 2:00pm on Saturday, November 19th.
8. Unsold artwork must be picked up at the resort between 10:00am and 12:00pm on Sunday, November 20th.
9. Participating artists are invited to attend the 7:00pm cocktail hour at the start of the Ball to meet with guests and discuss their work. Artists and guests may also purchase tickets to attend the full event. Volunteers are also greatly appreciated to help take down and store unsold artwork at the conclusion of the event. Other volunteer opportunities exist as well — please inquire for details.
10. Artists are solely responsible for the transportation and insurance of their work. Salamander Resort, PHILLIPS, and the Loudoun Arts Council will make all reasonable efforts to secure work delivered for the show, however artists participating in the show agree to hold Salamander Resort, PHILLIPS, and the Loudoun Arts Council harmless in the event of loss or damage.
11. Artists will be paid 70% of the sales price by check from the Loudoun Arts Council by December 10th, 2016.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com or 571-577-9367.